Becoming Air hostess is like a dream come true for many aspirants, selecting air hostess as a profession is followed by many girls and not only girls, even young male aspirants are also keen and eligible to become flight stewards/cabin crews. It is one of the highest paying jobs along with all the glittery shine. We all are generally aware of this well-leading profession by the name of Air Hostess, but there are other names of this job are cabin crew/flight attendant. In this article, you will be explained with all the possible training courses which are available, in this glam-job.
The eligibility for this glam job in India is HSC passed students in Arts, Science or Commerce stream and they are eligible to study Air Hostess courses. However, there are some institutes that offer students who cleared their 10th, joining the Air Hostess program directly after school is not a wise choice. Students are highly recommended to join the courses after their HSC boards.
There are ample amount of certificate courses all over the globe, but when it comes to India, there majorly are three types of courses.
Air Hostess courses are divided into three types:
- Certificate courses
- Diploma courses
- Degree courses
These types of courses can be pursued right after giving 12th or even after completing the Graduation Program aka (PG Program)
Certificate courses can be accomplished by the candidate after 12th schooling. There are different types of certificate courses too, which are offered after the PG program by various institutes. Each institute has a different span and varies in its content according to its certificate courses. Fast track certificate courses last up to 3 months whereas general certificate courses last up to 6 months to 1 year. The well-know certificate courses of Air Hostess are-
- Air Hostess Training (certificate)
- Flight Purser (certificate)
- Aviation Management and Hospitality (certificate)
- Airlines Hospitality (certificate)
- Airline Passenger Service (certificate)
One can be eligible for the diploma courses right after securing the seat in the 12th standard. Some institutes provide different types of courses after the PG program which can be grabbed after completion of the PG program. Examinations and time duration of the courses depend upon the various institutes and the courses are crafted by the institutes individually. The general course is for 6-12 months. The various diploma courses in Air Hostess is as follows:
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality, and Tourism Management.
- Diploma in Air Hostess training.
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- Diploma in International Airline and Travel Management.
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant training.
Among the three main courses, Degree Courses holds the most weightage. A degree course plays a pivotal role in an academic. The typical degree course basically lasts for a total period of three years. Some of the important and well-known Degree courses which are designed for Air Hostess training are-
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management (the candidates are bloomed with opportunities of becoming Air Hostess/ Cabin Crew/ Flight Attendant)
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management.
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management.
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess training.
These are the major courses which can be opted by the students once they are done with their 12th standard. A glam world with the highly paid job along with the opportunity to travel the world and learn new management techniques.