Scholarships are the funds given to bright students to fulfill their dreams. Dreams may be free. But living on Earth is a bit difficult. You have to strive and fight with all of your might to survive the odds of this society. The society is indeed harsh, and surviving in one of the illiterate states of India, Bihar is indeed tough. The government has heard your prayers and has acknowledged your talent. The government of Bihar has initiated the Bihar scholarship for all of those students who shine a bit brighter than the rest. Bihar scholarships provide a platform for those students who are in their 11, 12, and graduation with a minimum score of 80% in all of the years and to those who are economically backward. The application procedure too is quite simple. All you have to do is submit the certificates of your education as proof of your merits and your parent’s income card to avail the required scholarship.
“The early bird catches the worm.” To avail the scholarship, one must apply as fast as he/she can. The selection process for the internship is strict and so all of the documents must be verified by any other government official.
The requirements to avail the scholarship are :
- Must be a citizen of Bihar.
- Must be studying in Post Matric Class
- Must belong to any one of the minority category ( SC/ST/BC/EBC )
- The annual income for the SC / ST category should not exceed: 2.5 Lakhs
- The annual income for the BC / EBC category should not exceed: 1 lakh
- Must be a student of any of the State or Central approved or recognized institute.
For BC / EBC students :
- The students who have already passed the new course will not be eligible for the scholarship for studying the equivalent course again.
- Students receiving a scholarship from another scheme shall not be able to avail of the scheme.
- Must fulfill all of the government’s laid rules.
As said above the student can apply online through the official website portal. There are other scholarship programs as well :
- BTSE Bihar Talent Search Examination.
- Eligible for all the students of class 7 to 10.
- Students who scored 91% to 100% get Rs.20,000 and a laptop
- Students who scored 81 % to 90% get Rs.15,000 and a notepad
- Students who scored 71% to 80% get Rs. 10,000 and a tab
- Students who scored 61% to 70% get Rs.5,000 and a smartwatch.
- Students who scored 51% to 60% get gift hampers
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students.
- Students from the OBC community and studying in class 1 to 10 can apply.
- Students of class 1 to 4 can avail Rs.50 per month. (day-scholars)
- Students of class 5 to 6 can avail Rs.100 per month. (day-scholars)
- Students of class 7 to 10 can avail Rs. 150 per month .(day-scholars)
- Hosteller students of class 1 to 10 can avail Rs. 250 per month.
- Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar
- Eligible for all students studying at college/University level who have passed the last qualifying exam with at least 40% to 50% marks.
- Selected student can avail uptoRs.1 lakh to 3 Lakh
- Chief Minister Medhavi Yojana for EBC/BC Students, Bihar.
- Eligible for students of the EBC/BC community who have passed the 10th examination organized by Bihar in first class (60% and above) and whose annual income is less than Rs.1.5 lakh.
- Each selected student gets Rs.10,000 as one-time financial assistance.