Psychology is a science to understand human (and animal) behavioral patterns. This study is growing dynamically with the ever-evolving society.
Career Prospects: These range from working in hospitals and schools to NGOs and corporate houses.
Specializations in the areas of:
- Social Psychology.
- Abnormal Psychology
- Counseling Psychology.
- Organizational Behavior.
- Rehabilitative Psychology.
Psychology also includes marital counseling, child counseling, family counseling, drug rehabilitation, and trauma counseling.
Also with an MBA degree in Human Resource Management, one can get a job with the corporates. Research analysts studying consumer behavior are also hired by market research companies. In various public sectors like forensic psychology, one can get jobs in police departments and crime branches.
Scope of Psychology
- Clinical psychologists work with patients suffering from mental health problems. One needs to have a master’s degree, M-Phil from RCI recognized institute is compulsory.
Expected Starting salary: 25k to 40k
Organizational Setup :
- Before recruitment, all the big companies conduct psychometric assessments to check the suitability of the candidate. This is made by psychometricians. Psychometricians also take care of the training & development of the employees.
Expected initial salary: 35k to 40k
Career Counselling and Family Life Counseling:
- A professionally trained counselor is only equipped to handle the career-related queries for students.
They are regarded by couples and family person for counseling of mental health to deal with family life.
Expected initial salary: 30k to 45k
Health & Welfare:
- Counselors take care of individuals who are suffering from life-threatening diseases who go through mental trauma.
Expected initial salary: 25 to 30k
- Counselors are employed in NGOs and the corporate social responsibility sector for social welfare projects. You can join NGO according to your interest and the age group you wish to work with.
- Every school has a counselor and their responsibility is to take care of the emotional needs of the students.