Physiotherapy is related to the health care profession which assists or teaches people to restore, maintain, and maximize their strength. The term physiotherapy and physiotherapy are the same. Candidates who are above the age of 17years are eligible to apply and the candidate should have passed 12th grade with a maximum percentage in all the five or six subjects and should have more than 75% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
Bachelor in physiotherapy is an Under-graduate academic course in medical science. Physiotherapy uses physical agents like exercise and massage for providing treatment for those who suffer from any injuries or for those who need a physiotherapist. To pursue this degree, one has to have a maximum mark in their 12th grade and should also clear an entrance exam (i.e.) Common Entrance Test (CET) to get into Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT).
The courses that are offered in Bachelors of Physiotherapy are: – Anatomy, community-based rehabilitation, exercise therapy, neuro physiotherapy, Orthopaedics and sports physiotherapy, biochemistry, biomechanics, psychology, sociology, pathology, microbiology, pharmacology, electrotherapy, research methodology, biostatistics, first aid, the constitution of India, introduction to treatment, general medicine, general surgery, orthopedics, traumatology, cardiorespiratory, general physiotherapy, supervised rotatory clinical training, neurology, and neurosurgery, community medicine, ethics, administration and supervision, evidence-based physiotherapy practice.
There are six types of physiotherapy namely Paediatric physiotherapy, geriatric physiotherapy, vestibular rehabilitation, neurological physiotherapy, orthopedic physiotherapy, and pulmonary physiotherapy.
Lets now get to know in detail about the types of physiotherapy.
- Pediatric physiotherapy: – We all grow so very fast in our childhood, and while growing we face some problems or the other particularly in adolescent, some of the teenagers nowadays get muscles problem so easily and for them, suggestive measures should be taken, they must consult with a physiotherapist and solve their problem as soon as possible.
- Geriatric physiotherapy: – Growing or getting older can become a very tough job and will also get so many physical problems, there are so many people who go behind a physiotherapist and there are some who ignore this problem. For those who ignore this problem, they should consult physiotherapy to get cured.
- Vestibular rehabilitation: – Vestibular rehabilitation focuses on helping you to overcome problems relating to your inner ear which can destroy your balance and also cures chronic dizziness and vertigo.
- Neurological physiotherapy: – Neurological problems such as spinal cord injuries, strokes, etc¦ Most neurological problems are chronic (i.e.) they cannot be cured easily, for those who suffer from neurological problems, physiotherapy can have a very good positive impact quickly.
- Orthopedic physiotherapy: – Orthopaedic physiotherapy helps you to recover muscle strength if you have been injured recently then you need orthopedic physiotherapy to get cured.
- Pulmonary physiotherapy: – Pulmonary physiotherapy is about building confidence if you have a serious pulmonary problem, a problem with your heart circulation.
Physiotherapist rehabilitates patients by helping them improve their physical injuries. A career in physiotherapy is like other jobs and gives you even more satisfaction by seeing people smile when they get cured and that happiness is not equal to anything including money.