Delhi Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Department of Training and Technical Education in Delhi which aims at providing a technically skilled workforce to the country. They aim at providing not just education but also Technical Skills to students through various courses offered at multiple AICTE approved institutes in and around Delhi. Their objective is to increase the employment rate and help further the development of India through hands-on technical training and education.
There are four tests in CET 2020:
- For Engineering/Technology based Diploma Courses & Occupational Courses
- For all 10th based Diploma Engg/non-Engg courses.
- 50 Mathematics Questions, 40 Physics Questions, 30 Chemistry Questions, 15 Biology, and 15 English questions based on CBSE 9th and 10th syllabus.
- For Diploma Course in Modern Office Practice (English) & For Diploma Course in Modern Office Practice (Hindi)
- Part A: 70 Questions General Knowledge and aptitude (Bilingual).
- Part B: 80 Questions English Grammar (only for MOP).
- Part C: 80 Questions Hindi Grammar (only for MOP)
- Part D: 40 Questions English and 40 Questions Hindi Grammar and Comprehension, for those who applied for both MOP(E) and MOP(H).
For Diploma Course in Pharmacy 12th based
- 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry.
- 60 Question from either Mathematics or Biology based on the 3rd optional in 12th.
- Syllabus based on the 12th and 11th grade CBSE board syllabus.
- For Lateral Entry (For admission directly in 2nd Year)
Passed 12th Std. Examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics / Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of the appropriate Programme: 30 Physics questions, 30 Mathematics, 30 Chemistry question, 15 Botany questions, 15 Zoology questions, 15 English, and 15 General Aptitude Questions As per class 10 CBSE syllabus. Each question has four marks for the correct answer and a negative one for the wrong answer.
Exam Date: 8-9 June 2020
Results: 21 June 2020
Counseling: 22 June 2020
Commencement of Session: 1 August 2020
Processing Fee (Non-Refundable): 718 INR to be paid online to gain access to Online Registration and Choice Filling.
There are four rounds of counseling, after which there is a spot around which takes place if there are vacancies in the institutes mentioned above.
RESERVATION: There is a 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates, and 27% reservation for OBC-NCL candidates.
In addition to the category-wise reservation, there will also be region-wise reservation of seats. Candidates will be placed under two groups based on whether they have passed their qualifying exam from Delhi or outside Delhi and NCR. And for each category, a certain proportion of seats will also be reserved. Delhi category – 15% of seats offered by Government, Government aided and Government-sponsored Institution will be reserved for candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from a school located in Delhi. Outside Delhi and NCR category “ The remaining 15% seats will be available for candidates belonging to this category.