Masters In Business Administration
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is a Post-Graduation (PG) course offered to the ones who complete Under-Graduation(UG). Those who want to pursue an MBA should have to undergo the Graduate Management Admission Test(GMAT) which is prominently used as an entrance exam for MBA. The GMAT entrance exam is used to pursue MBA in abroad and Common Admission Test(CAT) entrance exam is used to pursue MBA within India. One should hold a degree to get into the MBA, he/she should have a minimum of two to three years of experience, and GMAT score should be above 600.
To join top MBA colleges in India one has to undergo the Common Admission Test(CAT) exam and should have a maximum of 99% in the same. MBA in India is the most pursued advanced course. India has immense good colleges for MBA aspirants and some are internationally best too. There are 3500 B-Schools categorized under University-affiliated, Statutory, Autonomous, and private in India. Here is the list of Top 10 MBA colleges in India which gives a large number of placements and opportunities with the highest salary.
Top 10 MBA colleges in India:
- IIM(INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT) Ahmedabad takes 385 students per year and requires above 99% in CAT, 730 in GMAT (http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/).
- IIM Bangalore takes 382 students per year and requires above 99% in CAT, 710 in GMAT (http://www.iimb.ernet.in/).
- IIM Calcutta takes 459 students per year and requires above 99% in CAT, 730 in GMAT (http://www.iimcal.ac.in/).
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi takes 228 students per year and requires above 95% in the CAT exam (http://fms.edu/).
- IIM Indore takes 228 students per year and requires above 95% in the CAT exam (http://www.iimidr.ac.in/).
- IIM Lucknow takes 295 students per year and requires above 95% in the CAT exam (http://www.iiml.ac.in/).
- IIM Kozhikode takes 328 students per year and requires above 85% in the CAT exam (http://www.iimk.ac.in).
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune takes 209 students per year by conducting a unique entrance exam and requires a cut off of 120/180 (for further information check this link https://m.sibm.edu).
- Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon takes 505 students per year and requires above 95% in CAT, 680 in GMAT (http://www.mdi.ac.in/).
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur takes 360 students per year and requires above 98.9% in XAT, 630 in GMAT(http://www.xlri.ac.in/).
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT
Postgraduate diploma management is a diploma course offered by the institutes which are from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) but which are autonomous and are not affiliated by any university.
Famous PGMD colleges in India:
- IIMS (Indian Institute of Management)
- Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- S.P.Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- NMIMS, Bangalore.
A student pursuing a PGMD course will be gaining knowledge regarding building soft skills and also studies relating to industry oriented. This course will prepare you for a senior-level position in a company.
There is no much difference between MBA and PGMD, both are similar to each other. Both are similar in their curriculum but there are also slight differences like they both differ in institutions and also the eligibility criterion.