The Fashion industry has grown by leaps in a very short period of time. Fashion Designing is one of the most creative courses which gives rise to aesthetics in clothing as well as accessories. The fashion industry has reached its heights and is considered to be a very prosperous vocational educational stream, not only in India but also in abroad.
The topics which are taught as a part of a fashion design course vary as per the college. The syllabus which is provided to the students varies from degree to degree according to their courses. In order to become a fashion designer, one should consider pursuing a bachelor’s degree in design.
Some of the popular courses which are provided by the NIFT Hyderabad are:
- BDes in Fashion Design: In Fashion Design, Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design is a four-year undergraduate course. The minimum eligibility for this course is Higher Secondary aka (10th+12th) qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 50% is a must in the course. This course is divided into eight semesters. These graduates are eligible and are hired in capacities such as fabric buyer, fashion show coordinator, technical designer, cutting assistant, costume designer.
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BF Tech): BF Tech is a four-year undergraduate course that provides a candidate with the necessary skills, equipment, and use of the technique. The candidate should have completed the higher secondary or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a compulsory subject. The candidate can become an aspiring designer, technical promoter, fashion merchandise, fashion consultant.
- BSc in Fashion Design: BSc in Fashion Design is for the duration of a three-year undergraduate course, with six semesters in totality. The course covers the study of specialized fields in the area of fashion design such as accessory design, interior design, and jewelry design footwear design. This course focuses on a detailed study of the fragile market trends and related fashion behavior. Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University in Hyderabad provides BSc in Fashion Designing in Rs41, 000/-
Apart from these courses, candidates can also pursue Fashion Design courses at PG level like
- Master of Design: The course for Master of Design in Fashion Designing is for two years post-graduate degree. One should have a bachelor’s degree in Design from a recognized institution to with at least 50% to be eligible for the master of design. If someone has an edge in creativity beyond studios to make mend for various dynamic designs can opt for the course.
- Masters of Fashion Technology (MF Tech): MF Tech is a two-year program, and it provides similar courses like Master of Fashion Technology. The totality of the semesters is four semesters in a row. MF Tech graduates can obtain jobs in the sectors like Apparel/ Garment Designing and work as Apparel Designer, Designer Consultant, and Production Manager.
Some of the other institutes in Hyderabad which provides you with the Fashion Designing courses are
- International Institute of Fashion Design.
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Institute of Fashion Design.
These are the major courses and institutes in Hyderabad which provide Fashion Designing as a full-time program. If one is keen and interested in creative or aesthetics has a more significant opportunity to make Fashion Designing as a career.