What is the Fulbright scholarship India?
It is one of the most prestigious scholarship awards in the world. Many scholarships and awards are given to students under the Fulbright scholarship program. The areas that are included under this scholarship program are agriculture, education, environment, art, public health, science, and technology.
- This scholarship is awarded to undergraduates, postgraduates, Ph.D. holders, researchers, academic holders, and professionals.
- The candidates selected for this scholarship get tuition fees, accommodation fees, support, airfare, and medical fees.
- It is administered by the Council of International Exchange of Scholars.
- It promotes not only mutual understanding but also supports friendly and peaceful relationships between people of the United States and other countries.
- The time for the declaration of this scholarship is mostly February.
The eligibility criteria for the Fulbright scholarship is as follows:
- Should be a citizen of India and should know the Indian culture.
- The English proficiency of the student should be good.
- The person should be ready to appear for an interview if selected.
- The overall health of a person should be good.
- The person should have a high level of professional as well as academic achievements.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree from an Indian university and must have secured at least 55 percent marks.
- The person must have a bachelor’s degree of 4 years.
- If the bachelor’s degree is less than four years, then the person must have an equivalent master’s degree.
- The person must have full-time paid professional work experience relevant to one’s field.
- The person must have experience in leadership and community service.
- The person must not have another degree from a US university or should be enrolled for one.
Benefits of the Fulbright scholarship
J1 visa support
Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs
Round trip economy class airway from the home city to the institution.
Accident and sickness coverage as per the guidelines of the United States.
Eligible field of study:
- Urban and regional planning
- Public administration
- International affairs
- Higher educational administration
- International legal studies
- Public health
- Women’s education
- Art and culture management
- Environmental science or studies
Selection Procedure of the Fulbright scholarship:
- The applications sent by the applicants are evaluated based on eligibility criteria.
- Based on the evaluation, selected candidates are called in for an interview.
- The decision taken by the committee concerning the selection procedure is final.
- The points below mention the criteria based on which the candidates are selected.
- The communication skills of the applicant
- The commitment of the applicant towards his or her community.
- The leadership and motivational qualities of the applicant.
- The merit of the proposed project of Fulbright.
- Outcomes, potential impacts, and benefits.
- The capability of the applicant to contribute beyond his field.
Terms and conditions regarding Fulbright scholarship:
- If the applicant is employed, then he or she needs to show his letter of support or endorsement.
- The candidates should have two to three referees.
- One applicant can apply for only one Fulbright scholarship category.
- The Fulbright grants can be from 2 weeks to 24 months.
- There is no age limit for the program of Fulbright.