The GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test, as its name puts forward, is for admittance to management or business school while the GRE or Graduate Record Exam is for graduate school.
GMAT includes six sections which include The Writing Section where an argumentative document will be provided, and you are asked to analyze and write in your own words as to how do you find the argument convincing or not. The integrated reasoning includes Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Multi-Source Reasoning, and Two-part Analysis. The Verbal Section includes 12 sessions with a duration of 8-10 weeks. It includes Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension. The Quantitative section includes two question types: Multiple Choice and Data Sufficiency. Also, the Math based questions are on Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, and Data Representation.
The GMAT is Scored in the below Manner:
Writing Section: Analysis of an argument. Score range 0-6.
Integrated Reasoning: Graphics, Interpretation, Table Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, and Two-Part Analysis. Score range 1-8.
Quantitative Reasoning: Data sufficiency and problem-solving. Score range 6-51.
Verbal Reasoning: Reading, Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Rectification. Score Range 6-51
The course is divided into three phases Diagnostic Phase, Practise Phase, and Testing Phase. The diagnostic phase includes an evaluation of the student’s weaknesses. The practice phase includes secrets for students as in over 20 leaflets with theory and exercises, more than 200 math exercises, reasoning skills for verbal and essays, and over 1000 computer exercises. The testing phase includes the students to train according to the main examination with practice in timing, test difficulty, stamina, worst-case scenarios, up to date GMAT format.
This is what you must know about GMAT; let’s see what we gave for CAT.
CAT means Common Admission Test it is taken under by the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. It is a computer-based test. CAT Eligibility criteria are,
- Common Admission Test appliers need to be graduates
- Minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Final year graduation or Bachelors Degree students can also apply
The Application Form can be applied by,
- The process comprises of three steps: a) CAT Registration, b) Filling application form and c) Payment
- CAT exam structure has three sections MCQs and Non-MCQs Iƒ ¼ 100 Questions in 180 minutes. The fees for the examination are INR 1600 for the general category, INR 800 for test-takers from SC/ ST/ DA categories. The approximate number of people applied in the following years are 2013 “ 173,738, 2012- 195,000, 2011 – 195,000, 2010 “ 185,000, 2009 “ 230,000, 2008 “ 276,000, 2007- 230,000. CAT is one of those valued exams in India which is piloted by IIMs completely over India. CAT is written as an entrance exam for MBA to get over IIM. In a city like Mumbai, where the opposition is at its highest peak, students are compulsory to get the proper guidance from the ones who have scored a remarkable percentile in their CAT attempt.
Syllabus for CAT examination includes Verbal Ability, Maths Ability, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning. The CAT examination is taken to see your skills and test them, such as Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Reasoning. Its purpose is to give Admission to post-graduate management programs. The fees for the examination include ‚¹1,800 (US$26) for general category candidates. ‚¹900 (US$13) for candidates with SC/ST/DA (PWD) category.