The scholarship scheme initiated by the HDFC BANK is a means-based scholarship that invites applications from students//candidates who need financial support for completing their education. This scholarship scheme is mainly profounded for the students//candidates from std six until postgraduate.
The key objective is to assist such families hence reducing the drop rate of the students from education. Under the HDFC BANK scholarship scheme that is ECSS(Educational Crisis Scholarship Support) scholarship of rupees 10,000 to 25,000 is provided to the aspiring students to continue with their education.
The article below provides detailed information about the HDFC BANK scholarship scheme.
- Under this scholarship scheme, the eligible student//candidate will be provided scholarship according to their requirement
- For students of std 6 to 12 or till their schooling:- the reward provided will be rupees 10,000 or their annual school fee ( depending on the lowest one).
- For students studying in college or university: -the reward provided will be rupees 25,000 or their annual college/university fee ( depending on the lowest one).
For students of postgraduate degrees:
- The reward provided will be rupees 25,000 or their college/university fee (depending on the lower one).
- The reward will be provided to the students in the form of demand drafts and will be in the name of student//candidate.
Hence student//candidate must have a bank account.
- The ECSS (Educational Crisis Scholarship Support) initiated by the HDFC BANK for the students who face financial crisis can apply for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is available to all the students // candidates that satiate the eligibility criteria (mentioned below).
- The period for applying for this scholarship scheme falls in between the 1st week of July to 2nd week of August (the dates for 2020 scholarship has been extended from July 15 onwards)
- The results for the same will be announced in the last week of September.
- The distribution of scholarship will be done approximately in the last week of October.
THE DATES MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS
- Not every student//candidate wishing to apply for the scholarship can apply for the scholarship.
- There are a few criteria that the candidate must satisfy hence becoming eligible for applying and getting the scholarship.
Few Eligibility Conditions that the candidate must satisfy are:-
- Students/candidates must be studying in std 6 or higher in a government-aided or private education institution.
- Sudent//candidate pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degrees should have been admitted to any of the recognized institutions to avail the scholarship.
- The candidate’s family must be facing the financial crisis in the past three years to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Once all the eligibility criteria are satisfied by the candidate, he/she can proceed to fill the application form.
A brief guide is provided to help the candidate in filling the application form Efficiently:
- The most crucial step before anything is that the candidate needs to visit the official website of the HDFC ECSS scholarship. The candidate must read all the rules thoroughly and then proceed to the form filling keeping all the necessities mentioned documents handy.
- By clicking the APPLY NOW option, he/she can start the application form.
- Proceeding to which the candidate must fill all the other mentioned details correctly. Incorrect details will lead to the cancellation of the application form and will never be able to apply for this scholarship ever.
- Once completed with the form filling and uploading of the documents click SUBMIT, and you are done with the application form successfully.
- For filling the application form, various documents are needed to be kept handy.
- Aadhar card of the candidate.
- Bank passbook in the name of the candidate.
- Two passport size photographs of the candidate.
- Address proof.
- Marksheet of previously appeared examination.
- Self-declaration of the family income.
Terms & Conditions:
- There are a few norms that the candidate must keep a note of while applying for the scholarship:-
- The size of the scanned document must not exceed 15kb and should be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The financial crisis faced by the family should have passed two years.
- Only one candidate from the family can apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship amount is distributed in the form of a demand draft.
- The scholarship is non-transferable
- Evidence for false information may lead to scholarship cancelation.