Indian Oil scholarship is awarded every year to an exemplary student in India by the Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. This corporation awards around 2600 scholarships to students from all over India. Students from engineering, MBA, MBBS as well as 10+/ITI students can apply for this scholarship and should meet the eligibility criteria to avail the scholarship. A total of 2,000 scholarships are given to students from class 10/ITI.
- These students are given a cash prize of 1000/- per month for two years to finance their education.
- The students from engineering and medical are given 3000/- per month for two years.
- MBA students get around 3000/- for two years.
- Special encouragement is given to girls, physically disabled, and students from Jammu Kashmir.
The eligibility for the Indian Oil Scholarship is as follows:
- Students of class 11th or first-year students of ITI in school.
- Students who are in first-year of graduate courses in fields like engineering, medical and post-graduate courses.
- The person should be of a minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years to avail of this scholarship.
- 50% of the scholarships are reserved for SC/ST and OBC students.
- 25% of the scholarships are reserved for girls and 10% for physically challenged or disabled students.
- The students under the centers OBC list are eligible for OBC quota.
- The scholarships will be distributed at the rate of 3,000 per month for four years for engineering and MBBS courses and two years for MBA courses.
- The scholarship will be distributed at the rate of 1,000 per month for two years in the case of a 10+ or ITI course.
- The duration of the course should not be less than the duration of the scholarship.
- In case the student is not promoted to the second academic year, the scholarship stops.
- The performance of the student for the entire duration of the course should be satisfactory and match the eligibility criteria mentioned on the official website.
- The performance should be certified by the Head of the school or college.
- Students can apply for the scholarship online from the official website or offline by taking a print out of the application.
Candidates should apply online only to avoid any postal delay or loss in transit.
- In case the students are facing problems in applying for the scholarship, they should download the application form and then apply offline.
- Candidates who want to apply offline should note down the application no. for future use.
- Applications which are not in the prescribed format will be rejected automatically.
- Candidates will be selected based on their merit and family income.
- Income certificates shall be seen for verification.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit other documents like Caste certificate, Date of Birth certificate, Mark sheet, and income certificate.
- If the information on the certificate does not match the information mentioned earlier in the application, the application will be rejected immediately.
- Only those students who fulfill the criteria in all respects will be allowed to avail of the scholarship.
- The decision of Indian Oil will be final, and it will not be modified for anyone.