The North-Eastern part of India is where the great seven sisters lie. These seven states seem to be geographically isolated from the rest of the nation. Might be this is why we need to give these states and the people over there an extra load of support and care. These states are also economically backward, and so education in these parts has to be given a priority, and encouraging such students is a massive plus for them. The ISHAN UDAY scholarship provides a total of 10,000 new scholarships each year to all of those students who are from these seven states. A monthly amount of Rs 7800 is given to all of the scholarship winners every year until they complete their degree courses. This scholarship was founded to encourage the students there to read and increase the rate of literacy.
The population of that particular state determines the number of scholarships allocated to each of the states. A scholarship amount of Rs.5400 per month is given to all of those students who pursue their degree courses. The student who is pursuing technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses can avail up to Rs 7800 per month. The month of application may vary from year to year, although it mostly falls in October or November.
The Eligibility criteria for the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme :
- The student must be a citizen of the North-Eastern states which are: Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
- The annual income of the student shall not exceed Rs. 4.5 Lakh from all sources.
- The student should have passed 12 or any other equivalent course just in the preceding year of their application to their degree.
- Transgender students are also eligible.
- The students who are pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible to apply.
- The students who have applied through management quota are not eligible.
The application process is simple and is online. You can apply through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The students who use should have a few documents to apply. The student would need a Domicile certificate to ensure the permanent residence, Income certificate, Aadhar card, and Marksheet of the student from that particular Institution/ College/University. The student would have to apply online by following the steps below:
- The student needs to register into the NSP portal as a new user. You have to provide all of the required authenticated information.
- The student then needs to provide information regarding his Residence, Marks sheet, Incom, Aadhar Number, Bank details in the application form.
- The student’s application ID is generated based on his residence. This application ID is used as a login ID so keep it safe and note it down as it will be useful for all further transactions.
All of the details should be genuine. Make sure you fill the form carefully as the name and bank account have to match.
After filling the form, an OTP is generated, and the student is required to log in for verification purposes.
To continue their scholarship, the students have to get their scholarship renewed. The student must be promoted to the next class/level/semester to get it renewed. The student has to maintain merit, ethical conduct as well as attendance. Students who change their courses may not be ensured that their scholarship will be continued.