What is the JIO Scholarship?
Jio scholarship is a type of scholarship that is given to students from class 10th to post-graduation who are unable to finance their higher studies.
Students from all over India can apply for this scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Some of the other features of the JIO Scholarship are mentioned below:
- It is a golden opportunity for students who want to pursue Engineering, Arts, Science, or management but cannot finance their studies.
- The amount awarded can be up to 55,000 each year.
- The scholarship is a part of the Corporate Social Responsibility activities of the Reliance Foundation.
- The person should be a citizen of India in order to avail of this scholarship.
- The person should have a good academic record and should meet the eligibility criteria laid down for this scholarship.
Aim of the scholarship:
The aim of the scholarship is as follows:
- Provide a common portal for different State and central government scholarship programs.
- Stay away from the process of duplication
- Apply for Direct Benefit Transfer.
Eligibility Criteria of Jio Scholarship:
The following requirements should be fulfilled in order to be eligible for the jio scholarship:
- The person should be from a financially weak background.
- The person should be an Indian citizen.
- The person should be in 10th, 11th, 12th, under graduation, or post-graduation.
- The person should have a good academic background.
Things to know about Jio Scholarship:
- The amount of money awarded may vary according to the class.
- Students pursuing their under graduation or post-graduation are awarded more cash as compared to students who are in school.
- This is because the fees of college are more as compared to that of school.
- The scholarship is given annually to the students pursuing different courses.
Procedure for Applying:
You need to follow the following procedure in order to avail the jio scholarship:
- You as an applicant need to have the minimum score in order to apply for the jio scholarship.
- Visit any jio office near you and ask for the application form for the jio scholarship.
- Fill all the required details in the form and then submit the form.
- The reliance team will then verify all the details and send you the confirmation after a few days.
- The scholarship ensures that the student is paid the amount timely.
Types of jio scholarship:
- Jio need-based Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are in highly needed areas such as nursing.
- Jio merit-based Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who perform well in academics, artistic fields, or in the athletic field.
- Jio student-specific Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are eligible for specific categories such as gender, family, religion, medical history, etc.
Class Marks obtained Scholarship amount
- 10th 70% or above in 35,000 per annum.
- State Board and 85%.
- Or above in CBSE or ICSE.
- 11th 70% or above in State 38,000 per annum.
- Board and 85% or above in CBSE or ICSE.
- Percentage in 12th should be 65% or above in State 45,000 per annum
- Board and 80% or above in the central board or ICSE.
- Graduation 75% or above 52,000 per annum
- Post 75% or above 58,000 per annum Graduation.