Farmers are the backbone of the Nation. But unfortunately, they are also the most underpaid in our Country. A farmer sheds sweat and blood only to get back a few pennies as his income. A farmer, therefore, needs all of his family members to work on the fields to earn as much as he can. As a result, even the meritorious students are denied their rights and are rooted in the fields to work due to a lack of sufficient funds for their education. This scholarship is by the Government of Odisha.
The government of India has seen the difficulties of the farmer and has developed a scholarship scheme for the children of farmers. In this scheme, the children of the farmers who are selected into the Government Professional Colleges on Merit basis are eligible for the scholarship. The Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme will be provided scholarships for pursuing higher education in professional courses for free cost.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
- The student must be a resident of Odisha
- The student must have a farmer background.
- They should be studying in government professional colleges on merit.
- The student should be the children of KALIA beneficiaries
The Scholarship scheme is offered to the students who have opted for the following Courses :
- B.Sc (Agriculture)
- B.Sc (Community Science)
- B.Sc (Fisheries)
- B.Sc (Forestry)
- B.Sc (Horticulture)
- B.Sc ( Nursing)
- B.Tech ( agriculture)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Sc and animal husbandry
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery ( BAMS)
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Ophthalmic Assistant
HOW TO APPLY?
The application process is online. You will need a few documents handy. Documents required are :
- Passport-sized photo in JPEG mode (digital form)
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Passbook
- Student Aadhar Card
- Parents Aadhar Card
Process Followed in the Application Process
- All you have to do is go to the official website portal. Go to the KALIA Chhatravritti scheme “Kalia Scholarship” application form.
- Go to the scholarship details section and enter all the required information such as your district, preferred course name, preferred institute, roll no, and date of admission.
- Upload your photo in the photo section.
- In the application details section, enter your basic details like name, gender, date of birth, etc. Make sure you enter all of the details correctly.
- Go to the parents’ information section. Here you have to give the details of your parents.
- Fill in the permanent residence address in the address information section.
- Enter your bank account details. Make sure these are correct as the money gets directly transferred to the bank account.
- In the end, check if the student is already a part of another scholarship scheme and whether the parents are a part of the KALIA scheme or not.
- If all the details and proofs are correct, then you will be able to avail of the scholarship.
- Check for your parents’ names in the KALIA beneficiary scheme just before applying by going to the official portal.
All you have to do is to select the district and block in the given drop boxes.
The official KALIA website portal.