Advertising is nothing but a marketing strategy that is used by various companies and businesses, for a company or business advertising is the primary tool to showcase their product to the world. In simple terms, it’s like a non-personal message to promote or sell a product. Take this as an example, if you are a juice manufacturer you cannot expect people to know about your product without advertising it, if you advertise your product then you can get or expect good results (i.e.) people will know about your product through advertisement, and the advertisement should be in such a way that it attracts the viewers and should also make the viewers into regular customers. An advertising agency is a group of people who will create the advertisement creatively according to the preferences of their clients.
There are 5 types of Advertising Agencies
- Full-service agencies: – These are large size agencies that have different experts for every different type of client. They provide service of both marketing and advertising aspects of the business. Their services include creative advertising, innovations, strategic planning, and many more. This type of agency handles both traditional and modern marketing.
- Interactive agencies: – This type of agency provide advanced service and implement innovations in their advertisements. They also send personal messages. Advertisements produced by them are very innovative and interactive. They introduce new concepts in advertising.
- Creative boutiques: – Creative agencies as the name suggests provide creative ads. They don’t have a network around the world and are confined to only a small client list. Only the function of providing an advertisement is done, and no other services are provided.
- Media buying agencies: – First of all, they buy places to advertise. They contact different media channels and allow time to telecast advertisements. Finally, they check whether the scheduled advertisements are telecasted in the specified time
TOP 3 ADVERTISING AGENCIES IN INDIA
- JWT India: – J. Walter Thompson formed JWT. It was incorporated in 1896 and is one of the oldest advertisement companies. It has branches spread over New Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. The headquarters of JWT India is situated in New York. Their iconic campaign was KitKat into a space campaign. Some of their clients are Nestle, Unilever, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of defense, Hero Motors, Van Heusen, and Parle and the list goes on.
- GREY India: – This was formed in 1917 and has Lawrence Valenstein founded its headquarters in U.S. GREY India. Their clients are Indian air force, Sensodyne, Fortis health care, Cadbury silk, Ferrero, B natural, Gillette, Tic-Tac. They are one of the top marketing and advertising agency.
- Ogilvy & Mather: – In 1948, Ogilvy & Mather was founded by David Oligavy and is one of the leading advertising agencies of India. It is spread over 150 countries around the globe. In India, it has branches in 6 cities. Their principle is 360-degree branding all over the world. They have made digital dominance for them. They work on the words of WE SELL OR ELSE. American Express, IBM, NASCAR, Phillips, Coke Zero, Dove, Tiffany, etc., are some of their clients.