LIC is one of the leading life insurance corporations of India with almost Lakhs of subscriptions and with many benefits. LIC has decided to spread its wings into providing a glorious opportunity to all of the children who are bright but are not able to go to school due to their economic background. This scheme is called the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship. This scholarship is for those students who are registered in both governments as well as the private college/university. For all the technical and vocational courses offered throughout India at Graduation level.
The Eligibility criteria are as follows :
- The students who have passed class 12 or any equivalent in the Academic Year 2016 are eligible.
- If the student wishes to pursue Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma course in any field, or other equivalent courses.
- He/She must have qualified class 12 with a minimum score of 60% or an equivalent grade
- The annual income of the family must not exceed Rs.1,00,000 from all sources.
- If the student wishes to join Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes( ITI ).
- The student should have qualified his class 10 or an equivalent with a minimum of 60% of the total in the academic year 2015-2016.
The selected student would be awarded a sum of Rs10,000 per annum, which is paid to the student in the form of monthly installments of Rs.1,000. The scholarship fund is to be directly transferred to the bank account of the student through NEFT. The scholarship will be provided to the student for the entire duration of the course.
There are a few Terms and Conditions for the Scholarships :
- The student should have qualified his previous annual exam with a minimum of 60% or with an equivalent grade.
- The annual income of the parent should not exceed Rs.1,00,000 from all sources.
- Only one student from each family gets this scholarship.
- The student should have secured a minimum of 55% in his professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses like Arts/ Science/ Commerce or any other equivalent grade in the previous final exam.
- The student should maintain attendance as decided by the authority of that School/College/University.
- The LICGJF evaluates the scholarship scheme from time to time.
- The regulations for the scholarship can be changed at any time by the Board of Trustees of LICGJF.
- The Income certificate must be on a self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-
- Employed Parents and from the employer for employed parents supported by documents such as land held in the name of parents.
- If the student has been found violating any of the above rules, his scholarship would be ceased immediately.
- If the student has been found to acquire the scholarship with the help of false documents and statements, then the scholarship amount will be recovered.
The application process is only online. All you have to do is go to the official portal and fill in all of the details carefully and genuinely. Make sure all of the features like the bank account have to be accurately entered.
The online portal link is: https://www.licindia.in/Home/Apply-Now