The Marwari College in Ranchi was founded in 1963 by late Ganga Prasad Budhia. His vision was to establish an institution for higher education, especially for the poor and underprivileged. They started with only a couple of courses, but as of 2006, the Marwari College has been awarded Autonomous status and offers various UG and PG courses along with UG and PG job/skill-oriented courses. They have also received NAAC accreditation.
They offer M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology, and Botany along with B.Com and M.Com. They also offer degrees in various disciplines in Social Sciences like History, Geography, Philosophy, Home science, etc. They have a department of Humanities with courses in English, Hindi, Bengali, Sanskrit, Urdu, and Regional Languages along with some job-oriented course options like Computer Maintenance, IT, Fashion Technology, etc.
- They have a Library, IT Centre, Girls Hostel, Sports Infrastructure, Cafeteria, Auditorium, and various Labs in their campus.
- For admission to any UG course, the candidate should have at least 45% aggregate in 12th grade with relevant subjects related to the discipline you are taking. For admission to the B.Sc. (Hons.) IT & CA and BBA programs, the college conducts an entrance examination to shortlist the candidates. The selection for the rest of the courses is based on marks obtained in Class 12th (Arts/ Science/ Commerce) in aggregate.
- Admission to the M.Com and M.Sc programs is based on merit in Bachelors’s degree level examination while for admission to the MCA program, candidates need to appear for an entrance test which is conducted by Marwari College.
- They have NSS and NCC committees on campus along with a Grievance cell, Anti-ragging cell, RTI Cell, Examination Cell, Womans Cell against Sexual Harassment along with a Career counseling and Placement Cell governed by the Department of Student Welfare.
- They also have a sports and Cultural committee, which works to engage students in co-curricular activities to make their college life well-rounded and enriched. They undertake the tasks of organizing fests and events throughout the academic year, providing the well-needed break from academics for students.
The Marwari Colleges claim to have a well-organized Placement Cell which trains students and invites companies to recruit final years based o their merit. Companies like L&T, Wipro, TCS Ignite, SAP, Airtel, ICICI, TCS IT Service, and Concentrix have recruited students from their institute in the past. They have frequent campus drives where companies come in and recruit interns and train students in the ways of the corporate world. One such drive was undertaken in June by WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES.
- The semester fee for B.A., B.Com, or B.Sc. ranges from 2200 to 1300 INR based on the course and discipline. Even for M.Com, the feelies between the same ranges.
- Fees for BBA are 12.5K for general category and 11K for Reserved categories, whereas for MBA its 20.5 K for general and 18.3 K INR for reserved categories.
- The Diploma coursed a fee is around 11 to 12K INR.