As the term, Mass Communication suggests it primarily deals with communication and interaction with the larger public (mass).
There is a process followed to teach Mass Communication it follows steps like:
- A student of mass communications is primarily trained to orate, speaking, and interacting with the people in general.
- They often act as a tool of awareness or conveyer for people all over.
- You are taught to establish a strong command over the spoken and written language.
- A strong sense of empathy is inculcated to connect with the audience and thus learn various media theories.
- A student of mass communications is taught about various facets of journalism.
- He/She is also taught about social media advertising along with marketing and digital marketing. This is to quickly catch up with the changing pace of our society around.
- He/she is also trained to be good personnel or a public relations person.
- With all the digital technological advancement a student is also taught about various facets of cinema making and media studies in general.
Often a student of mass communication is expected to be able to record podcasts or video generation. Therefore the classroom study of a mass communication student revolves around overall personality development so that he/she is able to conduct an interview or write a blog or record a podcast.
Apart from job roles like television host or journalism it actually offers a plethora of opportunities and it can be taken upon at both the under-graduation and post-graduation levels.