Distance MBA is the learning of business management education through distance learning. Distance learning MBA is controlled by the University Grants Commission (UGC) which is functioning to improve the quality of education. In the distance MBA, the candidates are free to study any-time anywhere and are not required to attend classes daily and can also work while doing this program so if a person does not have much time due to additional responsibilities can go for distance learning or if there is any financial crisis in a family candidate can opt for distance MBA learning as the cost of this is not much high. .The difference in the full-time MBA program and distance MBA is the factor of distance.
Advantages of Distance MBA
- Anyone can pursue, whether they are students, professionals, or housewives.
- The cost of doing distance MBA is not much high; any section of people can afford it.
- The Schedule of these programs is really very flexible; one can also do a part-time job while doing such courses.
- Traveling becomes much easier for a person who cannot go far places every day; they can come according to their convenience to universities as attendance is not a problem.
- It is good for a person who is having limited time and sources.
The eligibility depends upon the type of institute, and the duration of this program is two years. Candidate must possess a Bachelors degree from a reputed university, valid score in MBA entrance exams like CMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/MAT/GMAT some colleges also conduct their own entrance exams. Should have some work experience but not a necessary requirement.
Best institutes for Distance MBA Learning are:
The first name which comes in our mind after listening about distance learning is IGNOU. It is the world’s largest university. It provides a variety of distance learning courses, and MBA is one of the most popular distance learning programs.
Institute of management technology
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
Symbiosis Center for distance learning
Sikkim Manipal University