If you’re reading this, well, Congratulations! You’re now a step closer to your MBA in Canada. It is the 2nd best country to live and has the highest literacy rate in the world. The country has attracted more than 3,53,000 international students with a surge rate of over 90% since 2008. Also, apart from being one of the safest countries, it is a trendy tourist destination. No wonder, with this and more, pursuing an MBA in Canada is considered a brilliant option. Now, before you check the list of top 10 universities for MBA in Canada, let us know why exactly it is a great choice.
Why Canada over any other country?
If you are planning to do MBA in Canada, you must know what encourages so many students to apply in Canadian universities that now their government makes eight billion dollars only from international students. Some of the reasons that make Canada one of the most popular places to study are-
- Affordable Education
- Many of the Top 150 Universities of the World
- Some Specialized Environmental programs are only available in the Great White North
- Students even Study in Canada to attain PR
Two factors that differentiate Canadian Universities to the rest of the Educational Institutes are-
- SPP Colleges in Canada
SPP colleges in Canada are brought in by the Canadian and Indian visa agencies that make the Visa process easier. Students applying for an MBA in Canada must check the list of SPP colleges or ask an expert about the same. Students applying for an SPP program would enjoy additional benefits like easy Visa, post-study work permit, Permanent Residence in Canada, and less documentation.
- Co-Op Programs in Canada
A Co-Op program opens the doors to a practical learning environment. It is mandatory for every student in a Co-Op program to take sign up for an internship. Students of two-year co-op programs must intern for eight months. Whereas, students in a one-year co-op program are required to intern for four months in total. Universities like McMaster, McGill, Windsor, Lakehead, Saint Marys, and more have made an 8-months internship compulsory for its students. An added advantage of a Co-Op program is that since these internships are paid, students generally earn enough money to fund their tuition fee of the 2nd year of college.
What are the Advantages of Pursuing an MBA in Canada?
Students who are planning to pursue an MBA in Canada would come across many advantages. The country houses more than 175 colleges and 92 universities. To pursue MBA in Canada, students can ask an expert about the popular 34 government recognized universities that are globally renowned for their MBA degrees. Apart from this, there are 60 government identified colleges/ institutes that offer a diploma in Post Graduate Program in Management. Students who are pursuing an MBA in Canada should read the following benefits of the same-
- An affordable MBA degree is an advantage for Indian students pursuing MBA in Canada.
- Degrees of top MBA colleges in Canada will help you earn much higher salaries as compared to degrees of regular Universities.
Experienced faculty and placement opportunities post MBA an added advantage. Students of MBA colleges have numerous networking opportunities in Canada which can be leveraged upon later.
- Especially for MBA, programs Canadian colleges to upgrade their syllabus to compete with global colleges and expose a student to the world-class standard of education.
- Students experience and adjust in a different culture and place that contributes to the overall growth of an individual.
- Students pursuing MBA in Canada would gain insights into a diverse economy.
The overall average cost of pursuing an MBA from a top university in Canada (Tuition fee+ Living expense) in the USA is $80,000 while it is $60,000 in Canada. This makes an MBA in Canada less expensive than the USA which is another popular destination for MBA. The approximate cost of pursuing an MBA in Canada from a university is INR 50-80 lakhs for a two-year degree. If a student enrolls in a Canadian college or an Institution, the management program would cost him/ her between INR 12-15 lakhs which is a one-year program. This includes tuition and related fees, stationery, accommodation, food, and other expenses.
How to choose a course for pursuing MBA in Canada
Well, guess what? Apart from the commonly known programs such as MBA in Marketing or MBA in Finance, there are approximately 68 programs in Canada. Given the vast array of subjects, it is difficult to know which amongst them suits a student’s profile the best and would have maximum career prospects in the future. Focusing on MBA in Canada, there are three different kinds of MBA programs available-
- Generalized MBA: These MBA programs generally last for two years. The first year of the program focuses on the core subjects- Financial and Managerial Accounting, Data Analysis and Business Analysis and Management Statistics. The second year of MBA would either dive-deep into general management, or it would focus on the subjects chosen by the student.
- Specialized MBA: The tailor-made MBA program generally runs for one year. The program attracts working professionals who are interested in lifting their qualifications with an MBA degree. Canadian universities like Simon Fraser also have specialized MBA programs that are formulated following the needs of some corporate companies. Such programs are also termed as Corporate MBAs.
- Combined MBA: A combined MBA is the best way to learn the fundamentals of management while you gain expertise in other disciplines. Students can pursue an MBA in Canada in subjects like Agriculture, Engineering, Arts, Medicine, or Law.
Some of the courses for an MBA in Canada that Students can Pursue:
- CMA and MBA
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Health and Medical MBA
- Executive MBA
- Human Resources MBA
- Hospitality and Tourism MBA
- International MBA
- Master of Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Administration
- MBA and Law
- Master of Science in Management
- Part-time MBA
- Natural Resources and Energy MBA
- Ph.D. in Management
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Science and Technology MBA
- Public and Service Management MBA
What are the Eligibility Criteria for an MBA in Canada?
We believe that now you know how MBA in Canada can give you an edge over a normal MBA degree. Given that, let’s move to the essential part of your applications, the eligibility criteria. Candidates who aspire to pursue MBA in Canada are advised to confirm whether or not they are eligible to get into one of the best Canadian universities. What is worth considering here is that each university has different eligibility criteria. However, the eligibility criteria for an MBA in Canada are more or less the same. Following are the common pointers for applicants planning to pursue MBA in Canada-
- Applicants should have scored minimum 60% during graduation
- Students would need a good GMAT score. (Average GMAT score for MBA in Canada ranges from 600-680). A good GMAT score adds weight to a candidate’s application.
- The minimum overall requirement of IELTS score is 6.5 Band.
- 2-5 years of full-time working experience is required for an MBA in Canada
What are the Application Requirements to apply for MBA in Canada?
Applications are an essential part of applying for an MBA in Canada. While a lot of students struggle with the same, experts personally assist each student as they fill their application forms. Also, experts help students with their Statement of Purpose (SOP) and essays and then in applying for VISA and PR in Canada. Students applying for an MBA in Canada would need the following documents while submitting their applications-
- Mark sheets of class 10 and 12
- Graduation Degree and Mark sheet of each semester
- GMAT scores
- IELTS/ TOEFL scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Experience Letter
Top 10 Universities for MBA in Canada
Experts have listed the top 10 universities for MBA in Canada. The following list is derived based on the university’s curriculum, faculty, fee, and global ranking.
- The University of Toronto.
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
- University of British Columbia
- Mc Gill University
- Mc Master University
- York University
- University of Waterloo
- Queens University
- University of Alberta
- Simon Fraser University
Other than the list mentioned above, the University of Calgary, Carleton University, Saint Marys University, and the University of Victoria are also some of the famous universities for an MBA in Canada.
Top 10 Colleges for MBA in Canada
Apart from the famous Canadian universities, here are some of the well-known colleges for the Post Graduate Program in Management. The duration of a PGPM program is generally one year.
- George Brown College.
- Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology.
- Sheridan College
- Fanshawe College
- Niagara College
- Georgian College
- Algonquin College
- Centennial College
- Humber College
- Lambton College
One of the reasons why Canada has now become a student-friendly nation is because of the plethora of job opportunities post their MBA in Canada. The country creates more than 100,000 jobs annually. Furthermore, students who opt for a Co-Op program have a brilliant chance to leverage their professional network. It is observed that most of the internships are followed by pre-placement offers which help students in securing a job even before they have completed their MBA. In total, 98% of Canadian SMEs contribute approximately 50% of the economy of the country. Students who are planning to take a step towards their careers must consider Canada for higher education abroad. No doubt, Canada is now amongst the top 10 countries for higher education abroad due to the numerous benefits attached to it. If you are someone who is planning to study in Canada, then you must speak with an expert who can assist you with your college applications as you apply for an MBA in Canada.