All the students who are aspiring to become a doctor must know the hardships involved in it. The preparation of this exam starts from 11th standard and continue until the end date of medical entrance. There is various coaching institute where students go regularly for one year or two to get through the entrance, many go for self-studies. Some institutes are Akash institute and Bansal classes in Kota, these help students in giving them the materials and guidance to study and questions to practice which train them for the final date.
The Medical course is one of the most sorts after career options by students these days, though the study is long, hectic and full with the competition it opens various career opportunities for the students. Moreover, it is a job of respect and honor, you can opt for army colleges also to be a doctor and serve your own country which is another an honorable option.
The Procedure of Medical Entrance Exams:
Forgiving this exam and getting a seat, firstly the student has to fill various applications that are released by the different universities of India all over the country in the month of April and May. The exam is given on the desired location either online mode or offline mode under strict monitoring. The pattern of exam varies with the universities but generally involves Multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology which needs to be solved within three to for hours. If the student qualifies the exam then they are called for the counseling or interview process where course and college are discussed and a seat is allotted to him.
Various Medical entrances in India:
- Neet 2019 ( National eligibility cum entrance test )
- It is the All India entrance exam held under the Medical Council of India and organized by the central board of secondary education.
- held in the first week of May for admission to various government and private colleges all over India. consists of 180 multiple choice questions that needs to be solved in three hours.
AIIMS (All India Institute of medical science)
- Held in end May for admission to various colleges of AIIMS all over India. it is one of the toughest exams and consists of 200 questions which should be solved within 3 hours and 30 minutes. it is a computer-based online exam organized at different locations.
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical education and research)
- Held in May month for admission to JIPMER university.
UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam)
- Held in May or June month for admissions in various UP state colleges.
IPU CET (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test)
- Held in the month of April or May for admission to Indraprastha University.
GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test)
- Held in the month of May the first week for admission to various colleges in Goa.
There are many private colleges also which take admissions on the basis of marks obtained in NEET like
- Manipal University
- COMEDK exam for admission in private colleges of Karnataka
- DY Patil University, etc
So, if you are reading this article till now, you must have a rough idea about the exam procedure and different exams. so don’t waste time and start preparing for a bright future in the field of Medicine.