In a country like India, where one of the most popular and revered professions is doctors, medical universities are in huge demand. Every year millions of students strive to get admission to a decent medical college, but maximum aspirants end up disappointed. To be precise, in India, there are 30,455 MBBS seats in government colleges and 36,165 MBBS seats in private institutions. And, another notable fact is that 1,326,725 students appeared for the entrance exam (NEET) this year. The difference between wants and resources in this field of study is crystal clear. This is where substitutes come into play.
The Medical University of Gdańsk is located in Poland and was established on 8th October 1945. It was formed by the amalgamation of the Higher School of Economics in Sopot and Gdańsk College of Education. Presently, the University of Gdańsk is the largest institute of higher studies in Pomerania, Poland’s northern region. Most of the international students are from Sweden, Norway, India, Canada, USA among others.
- The varsity provides education to nearly 6000 students and is continually improving its clinical and teaching facilities.
- The total number of teachers is 1700, and the entire staff is 2964 including famous professors like Ryszard Horodecki.
- The MUG partners with more than 50 colleges and scientific centers from all over the globe to conduct an exchange of students and faculty in the framework of the Erasmus+ program and is an active member of European organizations.
- Prominent alumni include PaweÅ‚ Adamowicz, mayor of Gdańsk and Jan Krzysztof Bielecki, former Prime Minister of Poland, chairman of Polish Institute of International Affairs
The Medical University of Gdańsk comprises of 4 faculties:
- Faculty of Medicine.
- Faculty of Health Sciences with sub-faculty of Nursing and Institute of Maritime and Tropical Medicine.
- Faculty of Pharmacy with sub-faculty of Laboratory Medicine.
- Intercollegiate Faculty of the Biotechnology University of Gdańsk and Medical University of Gdańsk.
What are Programmes conducted at The Medical University of Gdańsk?
The Medical University of Gdańsk offers seven programs. All of these courses are conducted in English.
- 6-year Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- 5-year Master in Pharmacy
- 3-year Bachelor of Nursing
- 3-year Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 1-year Premedical course
- 4-year Ph.D. in Medicine
- 4-year Ph.D. in Pharmacy
Admission to all the courses mentioned above takes place through a step-wise procedure.
Students are also provided with a Student Card. Not only does the card authenticate your student status and allows access to libraries and other facilities, but it also provides you with all kinds of student discounts. Most important of the discounts being a 50% discount on the public. There is also up to age 26, a 37% discount on national railways, entitling you to travel all around the country. Some other transport companies, as well as museums, cinemas and theatres, even restaurants, have discounted rates for students.
Students of the varsity’s Faculty of Medicine frequently earned the Red Rose Award, either individually or as part of student scientific clubs.