Meenakshi Medical College is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary medical college located in Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu with a vision to train doctors in all fields of medicine by giving them a strong biomedical background. It was founded in 2003 by Thirumathi Meenakshi Ammal, a philanthropist, as an institution committed to learning, excellence, and education through research and patient care. Learning and research go hand in hand here. The students practice in the college’s medical clinics, where they are given practical knowledge and taught compassion.
The college believes in evolving with the times, adapting to new technology, and teaches the students that. It is considered to be one of the leading institutions in education and research in India.
- They offer MBBS and Allied Health Courses in Medical Lab Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Renal Dialysis, etc. They also provide the MD/MS course in several disciplines like Dermatology, Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, and many more. They offer M.Sc. in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Pharmacology along with Super-specialty in D.M. Neurology, Gastroenterology, Urology, and Cardiology.
- They have an Anatomy Dissection Hall; the classes have 300 AC capacity with an audio-visual system and a skill lab. They also have a well-stocked library with medical journals and books along with literature and even a Digital Library with access to e-books, e-journals, and other medical tools.
- The ladies hostel has individual rooms with an attached mess and gym along with the boy’s hostel, which has the same features. They also have an on-campus restaurant and canteen along with excellent sports facilities and a beautiful auditorium.
- Admission to the MBBS course is done through the NEET-UG examination and is based purely on merit.
- Students can get admission into the Post Graduate MS/MD program based on NEET-PG marks. They should have graduated with an MBBS degree from an Institution recognized by the MCI.
- For the three years of Allied Health courses, the students should have at least 40% aggregate marks in 12th grade.
- International students have to pass their 12th grade equivalent with more than 40% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
- For the Super Specialty Courses, the candidate has to be an M.D. in the corresponding stream.
- They have an anti-ragging cell that enforces the anti-ragging rules set up by the college and has a redressal cell where students can express their issues and can get help. The college also holds multiple social events as well as cultural and sports events throughout the academic year.
- Their main goal is to create doctors with discipline, compassion, and passion for their job. The entire experience of being in this institution is what makes you want to work harder for your career.
- For MBBS Course, the Annual fee is 1850000 INR for general students and 45000 USD for NRI or Institutional Quota students. Another 1.5 lakh is charged as a Hostel fee. Hostel accommodation is compulsory.
- For the postgraduate courses, the annual fee ranges from 4 lakhs to 50 lakhs depending upon the course and discipline. The admission is very competitive, given that there are only a handful of seats in each discipline that are available.