The national scholarship program has been initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development to provide opportunities for those students who have shown excellent academic prowess. For students who are first-time applicants, they need to apply for the scholarship by logging in onto the portal and need to search for the register option. The students need to fill up details and authenticate the information that needs to be provided in the student registration form. During the registration process, students need to keep their Aadhar number, enrollment number and bank passbook in hand. Some of the fields that need to be filled during the registration process are as follows:
State of Domicile:
- This indicates the state where the students mention their permanent address to be. Students are requested to ensure the details filled in this field are correct as the details cannot exactly be changed later in the future in case of discrepancies.
- The scholarship schemes provided are divided into four major categories based on class and course that the student is currently pursuing. The four different categories are matric scholarship schemes (for students studying between class 1 to 10), pre-matric scholarship scheme (for students enrolled in class 11, 12 and higher), top-class scholarship scheme (this scholarship is intended for students studying in top-level national institutes such as IITs and IIMs) and merit cum means scholarship scheme (this is targeted towards students pursuing their graduation and post-graduation studies).
- For the name of the student, one needs to enter the same exact name that is printed in their 10th class examination certificate, anything other than this will be considered invalid. The same is the case for Date of Birth wherein candidates need to enter the date exactly as mentioned in their 10th class examination certificate.
- The correct 10 digit mobile number needs to be entered as this will be the mode of communication that the concerned parties will be using to communicate and convey information. However in the case of pre-matric schemes if a student does not possess a mobile phone they can enter the phone number belonging to their parent/guardian. Email-id is also essential as most of the upcoming news and information will be sent via this.
- Further, there is a separate field for identification which involves different options such as either entering one’s Aadhar number or going for their bank account details. The information needs to be entered precisely and needs to verify as the portal does not allow any future opportunities to change the errors and candidates can be deemed unsuitable if any discrepancies arise.
If you are someone who would like to avail recognition for your excellent academic performance this applying for the National Scholarship Scheme is definitely a good idea. This not only helps you out by providing financial help but looks really impressive in the long run when applying for internships or employment opportunities. This is a nationwide scheme and students from all walks of life can participate in this scheme, this is also found to be extremely beneficial for those who are pursuing their graduation and post-graduation courses.