NEST stands for Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test.
This scholarship is awarded to all students from class 9th to 12th of the science stream only. Students from diploma engineering of 1st and 2nd year can also avail of this scholarship.
- The scholarship amount is 25,000 to 50,000 rupees.
- You can visit the official website of NEST to apply for the scholarship.
- From the application form, link select apply online option and apply for the scholarship.
- After reading all the instructions, click on the proceed option.
- The NEST Junior-I costs 500, whereas the NEST junior II costs 600.
- The medium of the test is a simple English language.
- A certificate of appreciation is also provided to all the high scorers of the test who secure all India ranks in the test.
- You can download the admit card from the official website by filling in your credentials.
- The late fee charge for this scholarship is 100 for the first time and 200 for the second time.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Students from class 9th to 12th of the science stream and students in the first or second year of diploma engineering can apply for the scholarship.
- Students appearing or passing out of 9th or 10th can apply for the NEST-JR I.
- Students appearing or passing out of 11th or 12th can apply for the NEST-JR II.
Steps to fill the Application form:
- Download the application form from the official website.
- Fill the application form correctly and paste your latest photograph in the space provided in the application form.
- Submit your application form by attaching a DD.
Syllabus for NEST Scholarship:
- The questions come from the 8th and 9th NCERT textbooks.
- It may also include questions from the 6th and 7th.
- SSC and HSC books prescribed by CBSE, ICSE and other state boards in India.
- Most of the questions come from class 11th and 12th.
- The top ten scorers are given a cash prize of 25,000 rupees each who secure ranks from 1 to 40,000 in the Nest Junior-I category.
- The students who secure ranks from 1 to 50,000 in the NEST Junior-II category are awarded a cash prize of 30,000 rupees each.
- A certificate of appreciation is awarded to all the high scorers of the test.
- The result is declared after the online test takes place.
- Candidates can check their result from the official website or the direct link.
- SMS or a direct link will inform the winners.
- The results are declared rank wise as well as alphabet wise.
- Some important points regarding NEST scholarship:
- This scholarship does not require any attestation, verification, or recommendation.
- Refrain from attaching any documents with the application form except for the DD.
- A student who tops the list in a category cannot apply again in that category.
- If the applications are sent by the college or school, then the respective institution can charge 25 rupees per candidate.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
- You need to log in with your credentials to download your admit card.