The University College for Women located in Koti is affiliated to the Osmania University and is accredited A Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The college was established in 1924, and since the past 93 years, it has been successfully empowering women.
Vision: To empower women by providing them quality education and facilitating them with various skills needed to cope up with multiple adversities in the social spheres.
- To contribute to the prosperity of women by providing quality education to them
- To educate women and make them aware and ready for the challenges in various spheres of life
- The college offers various undergraduate courses in Arts, Social Sciences, Science, and Commerce such as B.A.(English and Telegu media), B.Com. (Regular, Taxation, Computers, and honors), B.Sc. (Physical and Biological Sciences).
It offers an undergraduate diploma in Medical Lab Techniques under the guidance of the Department of Zoology.
The college also offers certificates courses for English Language Proficiency and Family Counselling. Specialized Courses in Mass Communication, Computer Course for B.A., Biological Chemistry, Food Science Management, and Food Technology are available for aspiring students.
Besides, P.G. Diploma courses such as Family and Marriage Counselling along with Child Counselling are also offered.
Other Post Graduation courses include M.A. (English, Political Science, Economics, Hindi, Telegu, Urdu), M.Com., and M.Sc. (Botany, Inorganic Chemistry, Physics, Zoology). Also, the college offers some self- finance P.G. courses such as M.Sc. (Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Nutrition and Dialectics, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry), M.B.A., M.C.A.
- The college is established in a vast campus of 42 acres with amenities such as Library, Advanced Classrooms with the latest technology, well-equipped Laboratories, Seminar halls, Auditorium, Canteen, etc. The college has the provision of a hostel for the accommodation of about 825 students. However, the rooms are allotted to students based on distance, family background, and economic conditions.
- The college encourages women not only for pursuing education but also to being a cadet of the National Cadet Council (N.C.C.). The N.C.C. unit of this college has the experience of 40 years. It has one company of 200 cadets attached to the Army Wing. Students are also enrolled in Air and Naval units. This institute, under the leadership of an Associate N.C.C. Officer sends the maximum number of cadets for Basic Leadership Camp and Republic Day Camp, Delhi.
- The students participate in at most 23 sports including cricket, basketball, badminton, etc. on Inter-University, District, State, National, and International levels. The interested and able students are given proper training with gym facilities. The college perceives physical education as one of the crucial aspects of women’s education and thus encourages them to take an active part in sports activities.
- The college also constitutes of National Service Scheme (N.S.S.). The N.S.S. works on the principles of Mahatma Gandhi and renders help to society. Their core principle is to dedicate to social service with the motto Not Me but You. As many as 450 volunteers work in three units of N.S.S. who actively participate in a unique camp program in which they adopt a village and work for its development.
- The Music Club, Literary Club, Science Club, and Commerce Clubs are initiated with the motive of encouraging the interests of students in the respective fields.
- The University College of Women constitutes of Women Cell that works towards the flourishment of women and safeguards them from unfair treatment in the college. Also, it constitutes a Placement Cell that recruits graduated students with well-established employers.
Thus, The University College of Women fulfills its primary objective of empowering women by imparting academic as well as extra-curricular skills.