There are many institutes that offer regular MBA but it is not possible for everybody to do a full-time MBA course by classroom programs for a duration of 2 years. For such students, a part-time MBA is also available in our country provided by many colleges. These days students are opting for a part-time MBA is because many premier institutes of India have now started to provide a degree in MBA and help the students to pursue their dream career without engaging in a full-day program.
What are the advantages of a part-time MBA?
Doing part-time MBA has many advantages, some of these are as following:
- Part-time MBA is convenient for the students because the classes are held on weekends and in weekdays classes are held outside the business hours. So students can work and study both during pursuing their MBA.
- The curriculum of a full-time MBA is similar to that of the part-time MBA so there is no difference between the teaching experience is gained by the students.
- Part-time MBA provides you a good networking and great exposure because you are able to work in your organization during weekdays and meet new people from your course of MBA.
- Part-time MBA is way cheaper than a full-time MBA so many students who cannot afford a regular MBA program can go for it and get a degree in their dream career.
Now coming to the disadvantages of a part-time MBA:
- The duration of a part-time MBA is longer than the regular MBA program. it is generally of three years, rather than 2 Year program.
- A large number of dropouts are seen in the part-time MBA program. Students could not cope up with the learning experience of a distance program thus they drop out in the mid-semester only without completing the course.
- In the recruitment procedure, a full-time MBA is preferred over part-timers. In the corporate sector, the reputation of a full-time MBA student is much higher.
The Topmost Colleges of India providing part-time MBA are as follows:
- MDI Gurgaon which provides PGDM course
- IMT Ghaziabad PGDM course
- School of Business Management, NMIMS, Mumbai
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Symbiosis Institute of business management, Pune
- IFIM, Bangalore
Fee structure of the part-time MBA Program:
The fee structure of the part-time MBA program is much lesser than the regular MBA program. On average, any premier Institute demands 10 lakh rupees for three years of this course.
So, we have tried to provide you with the best of the knowledge about this part-time MBA course. If you are also an aspirant of an MBA and have a restricted budget or can’t spare time for your studies, go for this program and make your dream career in it. Just be consistent and focus on the prize rather than its winning process.