Hotel management is the forthcoming universal industry which has a multi-focused approach. It is becoming an attractive career option after 12th among the students these days. It trains the student to work at hotels, casinos, cruise, air travel, liners. Hotel management aspirants can specialize in various fields, hospitality, hospitality franchising, hospitality technology, hospitality industry to name a few. The hotel management course is becoming more exciting and has attracted more and more students towards itself in recent times. Hotel management jobs will include proficiency in serving food and beverages, marketing and sales, accounting, etc.
There are large numbers of courses available in the field of hotel management; one can opt for the following courses as per their qualifications.
Courses for Hotel Management:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
There is a vast scope of doing hotel management in India as well as in other foreign countries. Aspirants can also make his/her career abroad too, as globalization is increasing day by day. A career in hotel management is a lifelong career as it is very demanding in other countries also, studying this course can fetch student with jobs in both government and non- government sectors.
There are also many exciting job opportunities emerging for hotel management graduates as it the rapidly growing profession in today’s time and approximated to increase further, is a good career option for a person who wishes to become a hotel manager.
Alternative Jobs a Hotel Manger can take:
- Airline Catering
- Cruise ship Hotel Management
- Catering departments of Railways, Armed Forces
- In Hotels or School, College Canteens
- Forest cabin/lodges
- Hospitality in various multinational Companies
- A Person can also work as Self Employ (Entrepreneur)