Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad is considered to be a prestigious institute in the Management sector and is an attractive option for students all over the country. The institute was founded by the founding director of SIBM Pune, Dr. Ravi Kumar Jain, who is an Evangelist and a brilliant researcher with over 100 books, articles, and publications of international and national acclaim to his credit.
Their mission is Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (the world is one family) through which they aim to establish cross-cultural sensitization along with ethical and value-based learning. They aim to create global citizens and encourage entrepreneurship and contribute to human resource development.
- They offer an MBA degree in Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Human Resource. It is two years fully residential program after which the student gets a degree from SIBM Pune.
Candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized institute with an average of above 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category. Reservation above intake includes two children from Kashmir Valley and 15% reservation for international students.
- The beautiful and expansive campus has a lot of facilities including a library with subscriptions to a vast range of journals and magazines, books on business administration, and literature. They have accommodation with great interiors. They have an auditorium, well-lit classrooms, and healthcare along with a bank on campus. They also have a bunch of courts for a variety of sports like basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis, and cricket and have a fully functional gym.
- Students who are eligible and interested in SIBM have to take a mandatory test called Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP). The candidate has to register online and pay registration fees separately for the streams that he/she is interested in. the selected students have to then attend the counseling procedure for each of these streams separately. SNAP registration fee is 1750 INR whereas for stream registration is 1000 INR.
- College life in SIBM is far from monotonous. You have many student clubs like the Finance Club, the HR club, the Marketing Club, the Literature club, the Sports Club, Arts and creativity club, and the Entrepreneurship club amongst others. The students are also involved in several committees like the Women Development committee, the Anti-Ragging Committee, the Learning Resource Center, the website committee, the PR committee, and the Career assistance team along with a Corporate Interaction cell.
- Companies like Amazon, SBI, HDFC Bank, ITC Hotels, Vernalis, Factset, IDBI Bank, Reliance, Bisleri, Frapperz, Indian Oil, Arvind, Idea, Aurobindo, TVS Motors and many other companies have recruited hundreds of students from the college. Interns from the college have worked at 43 different companies with an average stipend of 22K INR per month. They have a record of (^% placement rate with the highest package being 16.5 Lakh per annum. Sixty-three companies come to SIBM Hyderabad every year for placement.
- Fees for the MBA course in any discipline is around 4 lakh INR per installment, of which there are four, for general category students. For international students, the fee is 105,000 USD for admission along with around 5 lakh INR for four other installments made in 6 months.
There is, of course, financial assistance available. The university itself offers a scholarship based on merit called the Symbiosis International Scholarships. There are also loans available from banks like Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, and India bank.