St. Joseph’s College Bangalore, Karnataka was founded in 1882 more than 136 years old it is one of the oldest institutes in the state. It is an Autonomous college accredited GRADE ‘A++’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It has been conferred as College of Excellence by the University Grants Commission (India).
- Arts Courses
- History, Economics, Political Science (HEP)
- Economics, Political Science, Sociology (EPS)
- Industrial Relations, Economics, Sociology (IES)
- Communicative English, Political Science, Economics (CPE)
- English Literature, Journalism Creative Writing, Psychology (EJP)
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)
- Physics, Electronics, Mathematics (PEM)
- Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (CBZ)
- Chemistry, Environmental Science, Botany (CEB)
- Chemistry, Environmental Science, Zoology (CEZ)
- Microbiology, Chemistry, Botany (MCB)
- Microbiology, Chemistry, Zoology (MCZ)
- Physics, Maths, Computer Science (PMC)
- Maths, Electronics, Computer Science (MEC)
- Economics, Mathematics, Statistics (EMS)
- Chemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology (CZBT)
- Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology (CBBT)
- BVMF: Visual Media and Film-making
- BDMA: Digital Media and Animation
- BAVC: B.A. in Visual Communication
- BSW: Bachelor of Social Work
- BCA: Bachelor of Computer Applications
- B.Com. Courses
- B.Com. Regular
- B.Com. BPS (Industry Integrated)
- B.Com. (International Finance and Accounting)
- BBA Regular
- BBA: (Strategic Finance)
- Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com.)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Visual Communication (BVC)
- Bachelor of Visual Media & Film Making BVOC(VMF)
- Bachelor of Digital Media & Animation BVOC(DMA)
- M. Sc. in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology, Physics, Food science & technology, Computer Science, Mathematics
- M. A. in English, Economics, Political Science, Advertising and Public Relations
P.G. Professional Courses
- MSW in which the College offers Community Development and Medical Psychiatry as specializations
- M.A. in Journalism and Communication
- M.Sc. in Big Data Analytics
The College has the availability of several management scholarships for the economically poor students namely, Minority scholarship, SC/ST scholarship, MHRD scholarship, Vidyaposhak scholarship, Ambedkar national merit award scholarship for S.C. students, etc.
The College has Information Communication Technology (ICT) equipped smart classrooms, facilities for sports and games, auditoriums, an observatory, and has a green and hygienic campus. The College has two libraries one in the Postgraduate and Undergraduate building respectively.
It also provides high-speed internet facilities to all the students of Ug and P.G. A language lab has been exclusively set up for the Journalism course. For the students enrolled in visual communications stream, studios with advanced equipment and the latest technology are provided for video editing and sound designing.
The College is sensitive to the needs of specially-abled students/staff and thus provides facilities to meet their requirements. The College has ramps, railings along stairs, elevators, and wheelchairs to provide access to all areas of the campus. Lifts are available in all the premises of the College. College provides the visually challenged students with Readers as well as devices such as computers are equipped with screen reading software, low-vision aids, scanners, and mobile devices. Also, there is the provision of separate hostels for both girls and boys.
The students from St. Joseph’s College are recruited by various Multinational Companies such as WIPRO, H.P., L&T, DELL, TCS, Infosys, HCL Technologies, and Microsoft, etc.
Thus, the College not only focuses on the academic growth of an individual but also enhances the co-curricular skills and thus addresses the overall development of the students, transforming them into better citizens.