Arise! Awake! Stop not until your goal is reached. Swami Vivekananda is one of the highly praised preachers and philosophers of our country whose philosophies are still today preached. His words of wisdom are which guide and motivate us even to this date.
The Swami Vivekananda merit cum means scholarship is a goal to motivate those students from economically backward students in the state of West Bengal. This scheme hands over scholarships to students of various education levels at different educational institutions in West Bengal. The standard
Eligibility criteria for any scholarship scheme:
- The student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The family income from all of the sources should not be more than Rs.2.5 Lakh per annum.
- The student must be at the post- Madhyamik level or above at an educational institute in West Bengal after passing out of the State Board.
CRITERIA BY MEANS :
- The total income of the family must not exceed Rs.2.5 Lakh.
- If the student is violating the above one rule by providing false certificates, then the consequences would be as follows:
- The scholarship will be immediately refunded even though the student has enjoyed it.
- The student shall be deprived of the opportunity to apply for any other governmental scholarships in the future.
- The student might also be susceptible to the penal provision of other relevant laws.
CRITERIA BY MERIT:
High School Level
- The student has to have a minimum aggregate of 75% in Madhyamik Pariksha
- The student shall receive a fund of Rs.1,000 per month.
- The student must have passed madhyamik pariksha or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 75%.
- The student must have passed out the higher secondary exam or any other equivalent for two years in diploma in (a)
- Modern Office Practice and Management (b) Pharmacy (c) 3-D Animation and Graphics. With a minimum aggregate of 75%.
- The student shall receive a fund of Rs.1500 per month.
Under Graduation level
- The students must have qualified with a minimum aggregate of 75% in the Higher secondary board or any other equivalent board.
- The merit lists will be separated based on UG (Arts), UG(Commerce), UG(Science).
- The students on the merit list only will be awarded the scholarship.
- The students who are undergraduates in the Medical stream get a fund of Rs.5,000 per month.
- The students who are undergraduates of polytechnic get a fund of Rs.1,500 per month.
- The students who are undergraduates in arts and commerce get a fund of Rs.1,000 per month.
- The students who are undergraduates in science get a fund of Rs.1,500 per month.
- The students who are undergraduates in Engineering get fun of Rs.5,000 per month.
- The student should have scored a minimum of 53% in the Honours subject at graduation level.
- The student should have scored a minimum of 55% in the Honours in engineering subjects.
For M.Phil/non-NET/NET-LS Research fellows
- The students who are postgraduates in arts and commerce get Rs.2,000 per month.
- The students who are postgraduates in science get Rs.2,500 per month.
- The students who are in other professional courses get Rs.2,500 per month.
- The student who are postgraduates in engineering and other post-graduation courses in Technical education get Rs.5,000 per month.
Kanyashree applicants ( K-3)
- The student must previously be a recipient of a K-2 ID.
- The student must be pursuing a PG course in Arts, Science, and Commerce.
- The student must have an aggregate of 45% marks under the UG program.
The application process is online and is broken down into several steps :
STEP 1: The students need to fill up and submit the online registration form. Then an Application ID of 15 characters will be given, which is essential for future references and should be kept safe.
If the student wishes to apply for K-3, then they are supposed to fill in with their K-2 ID.
STEP 2: Log in using the Application ID and fill in the rest of the application.
STEP 3: Upload all of the asked documents in the form of JPEG images. The records required are:
- Mark sheet of Madhyamika Examination or its equivalent.
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College
- Income certificate.
- Address proof in the form of Aadhar card/ Voter ID/Ration Card
Scanned copy of Bank Passbook.
STEP 4: After finalizing the application, download the Verification Certificate.
You can apply online by svmcm.wbhed.gov.in