The government of the Karnataka initiated a scholarship scheme specially for scheduled caste/scheduled tribes/OBC/PWD.
The department of backward classes welfare started this scheme for students who want to pursue post matriculation courses. The main objective of this scholarship is the educational upliftment of the Karnataka domiciled students belonging to the backward classes.
Also, the scholarship disbursed system is very straightforward. All the scholarship grants are given to the eligible candidates through e-pass(electronic payment and application system of scholarship) This e-pass system connects all the databases of colleges and banks to get all the information of the candidate and carry a hassle-free transaction.
- The date for fresh hostel fee registration is released on 12th June 2020.
- The last date of applying for the same is 12th July 2020.
The Pratibha Perskar scholarship for ug and pg registration forms is yet to be released. Registrations of PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR, are also yet to be released.
Note: Keep checking the official portal of the Vidyasiri scholarship for the dates getting updates.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: For applying for the scholarship, the candidate needs to satisfy a few eligible criteria.
- The aspirant needs to be a domicile of the state of Karnataka.
The annual income for the sc/st candidates should not exceed two lakh rupees.
For OBC/PWD candidates, the annual income should not exceed one lakh rupees.
The aspirant needs to be studying in a recognized institute in the state of Karnataka.
The aspirant needs to have 75%attendance to avail of this scholarship.
Below mentioned documents are to be kept handy while applying for the scholarship:-
- Income certificate of the family.
- Caste certificate
- SSLC(senior secondary leaving certificate).
- Transfer certificate issued from school or college.
- Candidates bank passbook.
- Passport-sized photographs of the candidate.
- Adhaar card of the candidate.
- The following steps need to be followed while applying for the scholarship they are:-
- Visit the official portal of the Vidyasiri Scholarship karepass.cgg.gov.in
- Next, click on apply online>>fresh apply.
- Fill in your personal details, including name, aadhar card number, SSLC information, etc.
- Finally, apply to submit. the system will generate an application number that must be noted down for future reference.
- Make sure all the details mentioned are correct as no changes will be made later.
- For a candidate with a disability, select the PWD category.
- Also, candidates studying in school or college need to apply for the scholarship a few weeks before the deadline of filling the application form.
- Do take a printout of the form for future references.
- Every year almost 20000 candidates are benefitted by this scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship scheme includes a full course fee and along with this 1500 rupees to each candidate individually.
- The scholarship amount will directly be deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary.
Hostel contact number:- 8050370006
Scholarship contact number:- 8050770005
IAS contact number:- 8050770004
Karnataka backward classes welfare department
No. 16/D, 3rd floor, devraj Bhavan,
Millers tank bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,