Vidyasiri scholarship is provided by the government of Karnataka. It is provided to specifically help SC, ST, BC, OBC, and PWD students studying post matriculation courses. The official site for Vidyasiri Scholarship is karepass.cgg.gov.in. It is a very important welfare scheme for students studying in post matriculation courses in Karnataka. It helps thousands of students every year and the whole application process can be done online from the official website or by going to the nearest online help center set up as for the digital India scheme.E-PASS is a part of the Digital India initiative taken up by the Indian government in 2015. It is active in almost every southern state and is a common welfare scheme seen around India. The Vidyasiri scholarship is one such scheme aimed to help the students from backward classes and economically backward students to get the financial aid they need for their education. ePASS is an efficient way of transferring and distributing scholarships to students. The ePASS system connects all the welfare department of the state and creates a very fast and hassle-free delivery system for the distribution of scholarships.
The Vidyasiri scholarship is available to students studying their post matriculation (after 10th grade) studies in the state of Karnataka. Most of the schools and colleges in the state are associated with the scheme. The scholarship also includes a full course fee, hostel fee, and a special Pratibha Puraskar of Rs. 1500 per month to students eligible for the welfare scheme. The Vidyasiri scholarship has surely helped a lot of students in Karnataka and continues to do so under the supervision of the welfare department of Karnataka. Due to it being a government scheme, many colleges accept it and help many students with their application process. The other great thing is that it is an E-PASS based scheme making the application process very easy and completely online
- The date for fresh hostel fee registration was released on 12th June 2019 for the year 2020 will update soon.
- The last date of applying for the same is 12th July 2019 last year, for 2020 will update soon.
The Pratibha Perskar scholarship for ug and pg registration forms is yet to be released. Registrations of PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR, are also yet to be released.
Note: Keep checking the official portal of the Vidyasiri scholarship for the dates getting updates.
The following criteria are required to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship:
- Candidate should be a permanent resident of Karnataka
- Candidates should be studying in post-matric courses recognized by the government of Karnataka
- The annual income of the families of SC/ST candidates should be less than Rs. 2,00,000
- The annual income of the family’s other backward classes and PWD candidates should be up to Rs. 1,00,000
- The candidates must have at least 75% attendance
The application can be done online through the E-pass website. The documents needed for applying to this scheme are family income affidavit or certificate issued by the Tahsildar, Caste Certificate issued by the Tahsildar, SSL Certificate, School, or College transfer certificate (TC), bank passbook copy of the candidate, latest photograph of the candidate. Then, one must wait for their scholarship request to be processed by the welfare department. Any student can check their scholarship status by going to the official website and logging in to see the status of the application. The Vidyasiri scholarship has helped many students secure a good future by financial aid and continues to do so in Karnataka.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: For applying for the scholarship, the candidate needs to satisfy a few eligible criteria.
- The aspirant needs to be a domicile of the state of Karnataka.
- The annual income for the sc/st candidates should not exceed two lakh rupees.
- For OBC/PWD candidates, the annual income should not exceed one lakh rupees.
- The aspirant needs to be studying in a recognized institute in the state of Karnataka.
- The aspirant needs to have 75%attendance to avail of this scholarship.
Below mentioned documents are to be kept handy while applying for the scholarship:-
- Income certificate of the family.
- Caste certificate
- SSLC(senior secondary leaving certificate).
- Transfer certificate issued from school or college.
- Candidates bank passbook.
- Passport-sized photographs of the candidate.
- Adhaar card of the candidate.
- The following steps need to be followed while applying for the scholarship they are:-
- Visit the official portal of the Vidyasiri Scholarship karepass.cgg.gov.in
- Next, click on apply online>>fresh apply.
- Fill in your personal details, including name, aadhar card number, SSLC information, etc.
- Finally, apply to submit. the system will generate an application number that must be noted down for future reference.
- Make sure all the details mentioned are correct as no changes will be made later.
- For a candidate with a disability, select the PWD category.
- Also, candidates studying in school or college need to apply for the scholarship a few weeks before the deadline of filling the application form.
- Do take a printout of the form for future references.
- Every year almost 20000 candidates are benefitted by this scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship scheme includes a full course fee and along with this 1500 rupees to each candidate individually.
- The scholarship amount will directly be deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary.
Hostel contact number:- 8050370006
Scholarship contact number:- 8050770005
IAS contact number:- 8050770004
Karnataka backward classes welfare department
No. 16/D, 3rd floor, Devraj Bhavan,
Millers tank bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,