The Yenepoya Medical College is a constituent college of the Yenepoya (Deemed to be) University in Mangalore. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi School of Medical Sciences for the award of degrees. It was established in 1999 and has now offered Post Graduate and MBBS courses in over 20 fields.
The Yenepoya Medical College Hospital believes in E-learning, and everything, including coursework, is computer-based. The students are trained and give access to various technological tools that are now used in Medicine so that they can be ready for the job that they are applying for in their entirety.
They also boast of a simulation center, a 3 Tesla MRI, Robotic Surgery, and Surgical Skill training.
It is often called the best Medical College in Karnataka.
- The college offers various programs including Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Super Specialty, Certificate Course, and so on for all kinds of students. They also offer courses in a wide variety of medical fields like Anatomy, General Surgery, Hospital Administration, Pharmacology, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Public Health, Anesthesia, etc.
- They have a sprawling library where students can access various medical journals, files, books, and non-academic literature. The institute is also a member of the E-Books Consortium of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences which gives students access to hundreds of e-books and e-journals, only through the campus network.
- There is hostel accommodation available for both boys and girls on the campus. There is also an ICT Centre for constant support for Wi-Fi and technological support.
- They also have a Placement Cell that trains students for interviews and corporate environments. They arrange campus placement interviews, along with workshops to encourage student internships. They support sports widely and have various courts including some for squash, badminton, basketball, volleyball, and also have provisions for chess, foosball, table tennis, etc.
- For some Undergraduate courses for B.Sc., Yenepoya conducts its Entrance Exam, and then offline counseling is done based on the Merit list.
- For the MBBS degree in all departments, they consider NEET-UG marks and rank and Postgraduate Courses they consider the marks and rank of the student in NEET-PG.
- Admission to the other programs is done by direct application to the institute.
- The entire campus is enabled with Wi-Fi, including all the hostels, following their aim to be a 100% digital campus. Their website does talk about having student clubs and specialized services for students, but no information has been published on the website officially.
Fee Structure for MBBS Students:
- Total tuition fee = 172,850 INR per annum Hostel Fee= 160,000 INR per annum
For PG Students:
- In the case of an Indian Resident Candidate, the Tuition fee per annum is either 5 or 6 lakh INR, and it changes according to the discipline that the student chooses to pursue.
- For NRI students, tuition fees per annum range from 100,000 to 150,000 USD based on the year of study and discipline the student is in.
- For a diploma, the total fees in 2 installments are 35,000 INR.